- Includes a free downloadable PDF guidebook filled with information
- Seven-in-one map, including SA roadmap PLUS six top national parks
- Roadmap includes all national roads & essential major/minor roads AND
- – Over 500 of the best adventure activities & various points of interest
- – Useful services countrywide including private hospitals
- – Selected must-see wilderness areas, national parks and reserves.
- Six national parks include Kruger, Addo, Pilanesberg, Table Mountain, Hluhluwe-Imfolozi & Augrabies AND
- – Booking and travel details
- – Accommodation, viewpoints, picnic sites, waterholes, game hides, activities, shops & restaurants
- – Folds easily into different sections for using each map
- Printed on a waterproof, environmentally friendly wood-substitute material.
A first for InfoMap! Not only is this our first South African map, but the Essential South Africa is also our first guidemap. In creating this guidemap we have tried to bring together our experience in mapping as well as our interest and thirst for travel, exploration and adventure. In breaking away from our established format we seek to create a useful travel tool that bridges traditional mapping and travel guides – something that is both practical AND informative. In essence: a one-stop travel resource.
The map itself is separated into two sections. The front has a 1: 2 000 000 scale roadmap showing all the national roads as well as essential major and minor roads. The purpose of this roadmap is to get travellers to the over-500 places or activities listed on the map – including the gates of various national parks and reserves. Many of the smaller regional reserves are relatively unknown (such as Grootvadersbosch, Fort Fordyce, Ndumo and Madikwe), and we have included them as an encouragement to travellers to get off the beaten track. For outdoor activities we have included sites for surfing, hiking, biking, fishing, zip-lining, kite surfing, scuba diving, rock climbing and bungee jumping. There is also a selection of points of interest which include established tourist sites such as Robben Island, Cradle of Humankind, Isandlwana and the Cango Caves. However, we have also included lesser-known sites such as Nonquawuse’s Pool, Driekopseiland and the Waterberg Biosphere – again as a means of getting travellers to explore further afield. As is obvious when looking at the guidemap, South Africa has a number of very established tourism hubs – with most tourism following these well heeled paths. Yet much of the country remains largely under-utalised or underdeveloped in terms of its tourism potential. Remember that travel and tourism create jobs and can change lives – both for the visitor and the visited!
On the reverse side of the map we have listed six major safari destinations or national parks. These include the world famous Kruger, Addo, Hluhluwe-Imfolozi, Table Mountain, Augrabies and the Pilanesberg. Designed in such a way that each individual map folds out for easy use, this 6-in-1 map is a very helpful, value-for-money addition to the Essential South Africa. Showing road details, accommodation, viewpoints, picnic sites, hides, toilets, shops and other services in the parks, as well as general information, park booking details and emergency contacts, this is a thorough planning tool and practical on-the-road resource.
Our Essential South Africa guidemap is printed on a waterproof, environmentally friendly wood-substitute material and comes with a highly informative downloadable PDF guidebook.